Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Right now, we are looking for an experienced Visual Effects Artist with an eye for detail and a passion for creating stunning realistic VFX to join one of our unannounced original IPs. In this role, you will use your talents to collaborate with our art team in the creation of dramatic visual effects and game-ready assets for effects such as, weapon attacks, missiles, among others. You will help drive quality and accountability of VFX to meet the visual goals of the project.
The ideal candidate has a thorough understanding of the creation of stunning in-game visual effects and technical limitations, is passionate about creating high quality assets that help push the visual quality of our game worlds, and is a strong collaborator who is willing to solve a variety of production challenges.
- Work closely with artists, designers, programmers, and audio staff to ensure that visual effects are of a very high quality and enhance the overall game experience
- Ability to create all art needed for the visual effects, including FX concept, proto, and final FX
- Execute on a range of visual effects styles
- Utilize particle systems, shaders, blueprints, and mesh effects
- Finding and dealing with technical issues using performance metric tools
- Creatively solving technical issues as they arise
- 5+ years of experience as a VFX Artists in the film, TV, or gaming industry
- Strong working knowledge of Niagara
- Experience with Houdini is a plus
- Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of current/next generation hardware
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX with an ability to bring dramatic FX to life with flair
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.