Here at Phoenix Labs people are the ends, not the means. It’s the approach we feel makes us a destination for people who wish to collaborate on making games played all over the world.
You might know of us from Dauntless, where we helped pioneer crossplay, or from Fae Farm, our highly anticipated cozy magical farm sim. Our studio focus is on making enduring experiences that bring people together, driven by a belief that our colleagues achieve their best outcomes in a constructive, and empathetic environment.
Director of Production (Head of Delivery)
Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and broadly experienced Director of Production to join our Vancouver or San Francisco Bay (Foster City) studio. As the Director-level Producer, this person will build the production discipline team from the ground up, and be accountable for the “who and how” of bringing a new game IP to life.
- Partner with the Product Director to manage and support a cross-functional development team of software engineers, designers, and artists.
- Accountable for all production aspects of the game team, including headcount and staffing allocations, organization structure, team health and performance, budget, forecasts, scheduling, quality, and project planning and tracking.
- Assume the role of Head of Delivery role on an Agile team, and facilitate team rituals such as standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Build excellent relationships across Phoenix Labs studios, as well as with our partners and community.
- Actively manage and mitigate risk, and lead problem resolution as issues arise.
- Support the team’s growth and development, and ensure they’re empowered to do their best work.
- At least 15 years of production experience.
- Shipped at least 1 live service game in a leadership role, and is familiar with running and maintaining a game service with regular updates.
- Is a steady and practiced hand at steering a game’s production through the different stages of development.
- Experienced in scaling and managing a cross-functional development team from the small size of early stage development through to the larger size of production, launch, and live service.
- Strong written and verbal communicator who is capable of building alignment with large and varied groups.
- At home in a cross-functional, team-based environment, and has the ability to thrive in and promote a culture of collaboration and transparency.
- Strategic thinker with high proficiency in various project management methodologies, who knows when to apply which methodologies to drive toward effective outcomes.
- Highly proficient at core project management skills and able to share knowledge by coaching or training others in skills like planning, scheduling, estimation, risk assessment, capacity planning, scoping, budgeting, and staffing.
- Adept at preparing mitigation and contingency plans before problems occur within a team or project.
- At least 5 years of experience in a leadership role on a game development team.
- Shipped at least 1 multi-platform game title with end-to-end production experience.
- Deep experience with or certification in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Google Suite, Slack.
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Perforce.
Being part of a Phoenix Labs studio means joining a team of collaborative, supportive, inclusive professionals who strive to be at a company where they’re proud of what they do and how they do it. If this sounds like you - we’re always interested in talking.
WHO WE ARE:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have teams located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo.