Phoenix Labs is looking for a seasoned and player-centric Head of European Marketing to lead a marketing team across a portfolio of games. We are seeking a strategic leader who can partner with the European Publishing Director and product teams to bring our games to market.
This role has an expert understanding of all parts of a go-to-market plan and direct experience growing and mentoring individuals on their team. The ideal candidate is also deeply familiar with online game development and understands how game development happens. Adept communication skills, a data mindset, creativity, and project management experience are a must.
This is a full-time permanent position ideally located in the UK. Currently, the role would be working remotely but as the team scales this candidate will be instrumental in establishing a physical office presence.
- Own European go-to-market plans, budgets, media planning and strategies for products in the Phoenix Labs portfolio, including mobile, PC, and console titles.
- Develop and maintain each part of the marketing funnel for each product, from awareness to revival and monetization.
- Manage a team of 5-10 individuals and take care of performance management, mentorship, and career growth.
- Own market research and partner with the Global Publishing team to make informed decisions.
- Collaborate and integrate all parts of the discipline including community, CRM, and advertising to create cohesive plans.
- Drive relationships with external marketing partners (including media buying).
- Background in video games with 7+ years in a European marketing role across PC, Mobile and Console and shipped multiple games or expansion packs.
- History of working on AAA/Free-To-Play titles with extensive experience managing live games as a service.
- 5+ years experience in people management.
- Expert level experience in collecting and interpreting data. Know what questions to ask.
- Expert level knowledge of mobile acquisition in addition to PC and console.
- Comfortable collaborating and managing remote teams across time zones.
- Proficiency working in an Agile setting.
- Experience launching new IP.
- Business level English and ideally a secondary European language (preferably German or French).
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.