Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented Senior Online Programmer to work on our newest AAA game. The successful candidate must have strong C++ and strong communication skills, be able to work side by side with programmers, designers and production staff.
- Design, implement, document, debug, and test
- Work on several systems, focused on Networking, Game Services, Monitoring, Deployment
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to develop and refine key systems.
- Participate in code reviews and discussions with other engineers on the team
- Partner with teams and disciplines across Phoenix Labs
- Minimum 6 years of experience working on games writing performant code
- Able to communicate and collaborate with developers of all technical skill levels and disciplines
- Experience working with game engines
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Participate in code reviews and discussions with other engineers on the team.
- Knowledge of game server monitoring
- Knowledge of server cost
- Computer Science degree
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Multiple shipped AAA titles
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Networking / Game Replication Systems / Game server / Game Services
- Experience working with Matchmaking
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code
- Passion for multiplayer gaming
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.