Phoenix Labs is looking for a Level Design Director to join one of our new game initiatives. As the Level Design Director, this person will shape, communicate and implement the vision for delivering an exceptionally rich and fluid world for players to experience. They will leverage their deep experience building levels and worlds for large scale, content rich products to inform their decisions while educating and elevating the team's solutions. They will build and inspire their team to create memorable experiences for the player by helping cross-discipline teams with thoughtful solutions. They will thrive on this team by being humble, intrinsically motivated, continuous learners, owners and true collaborators.
- Report to and partner with the Game Design Director on a new IP to shape, communicate and implement the vision for delivering an exceptionally rich and fluid world to the audience.
- Clearly communicate that vision to the team as a whole, using a variety of tools to ensure a multi-discipline team is fully engaged with the vision and is excited to work together to deliver it.
- Accountable for delivering the levels of a world which enhances the gameplay, narrative and artistic vision of the IP.
- Build and manage a team of level designers, setting direction and helping them to grow.
- Pitch, design, prototype, and implement content using a wide range of tools.
- Define and support the development of creation pipelines.
- Inspire other level designers to a high standard around the craft and tools of design, ensuring the whole team is delivering to a high quality standard.
- Remain current on game industry trends including new games and game genres, emerging game design methods and techniques.
- Extensive experience being a design leader for products in pre-production, production and release.
- Proven understanding of key components of a fun and compelling player experience for game content.
- Experience leading design teams in shipping multiple titles or large multi-feature updates for live games.
- A track record of using iterative development to build and ship large-scale design features to millions of players.
- Experience building and managing a team of designers through strong articulation of a strategy and quality bar that resulted in a polished, cohesive player experience.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.