Phoenix Labs is looking for a Jr. / Intermediate Accountant to support the financial aspects of our operations. The successful candidate must be highly organized and detail oriented, be excited by new challenges, be results oriented, and be a gamer at heart.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver, BC studio. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Support general ledger accounting functions including month-end close processes, financial reporting accuracy, GL account reconciliations, and analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Provide detailed flux and variance analysis of PnL statements and Balance Sheets on a monthly basis. Participate in the flux review meeting and present findings to Director of Finance.
- Participate in the renewal/creation of process documentation for existing accounting procedures and policies. Draft narratives and flowcharts to be included in training for relevant personnel.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance, reconciliation, reporting, and analysis of fixed/other assets, office-related expenses, travel/meals/entertainment, and other GL accounts. Responsible for processing, analyzing, and documenting complex transactions. Perform accounting research and investigation as needed.
- Work with the Director of Finance and/or Senior Accountant on other ad-hoc analyses or projects as requested.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- One to Three (1 - 3+) years combined experience in corporate accounting.
- Good working knowledge of financial accounting concepts.
- Excellent command of Excel, Google Sheets and manipulating large data sets is a must.
- Prior experience with business intelligence software and ERP systems (Oracle).
- Strong quantitative analysis skill set, with the ability to read, analyze financial data.
- Previous administrative experience within the video games, entertainment, or software industries
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.