Phoenix Labs is looking for an intellectually curious Senior Research Manager to join our growing Publishing team. We aspire to bring players together worldwide through our games, and part of that ambitious effort is understanding global trends and local perspectives.
This data informed strategist will operate in a cross-functional team to inform both product and marketing decisions. This talented candidate is able to pair their own wisdom and gut with data and player research to create insights. This person will work closely with product team vision holders and publishing leadership at all stages of game development, from incubation to live ops, to build confidence in our strategies.
You are a passionate and experienced researcher with a multi-faceted toolkit. You have worked on many AAA campaigns and have a deep understanding of the player experience and market dynamics. You will be instrumental in helping the organization build better perspectives and confidence in products, and generate market and customer insights to underpin marketing campaigns.
- Generate player insights across a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies as well as audit and identify a roster of data insights and research partners
- Collect, synthesize and analyze complex data to more deeply understand our audience and their behaviors across all markets
- Champion research and player perspectives across the organization and inspire fellow developers to engage in the process
- Inform decision making at the earliest stages of development including concept and USP validation, as well as building player personas
- Confidently establish forecasts based on product market fit and competitive benchmarking
- 7+ years experience in the games industry, across mobile, console and PC publishing with intimate knowledge across a range of genres and business models
- Experience building and managing a team, including performance management and development
- Expert understand of 3rd party data tools such as AppAnnie or SensorTower and a trusted network of vendors and partners to draw from
- Effectively manage research projects, either through a team or research partners, with an ability to confidently present research findings to a broad range of stakeholders
- Intimately familiar with a variety of validation frameworks including focus groups, max/diff surveys, longitudinal studies, and concept studies
- Proficiency working in an Agile, iterative setting
- Understanding of game development frameworks from inception to live product
- Strong background with PowerPoint or Google Slides to create informative presentations
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.