Phoenix Labs is looking for a broadly experienced Audio Engineer to join Phoenix labs and work on original new IPs. As a Senior Audio Software Engineer, you will work collaboratively with the Product Director, Design team, Audio team and fellow engineers. Our team puts creating great player experiences first and foremost, and you will be a critical part of making that possible. The successful candidate will create new tools, workflows and systems that will push innovation and quality across the organization.
The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for game audio and technology. They will elevate the player experience through world class audio. An ideal candidate will bring a strong optimization toolkit, comfort working in large codebases, and a track record of pushing the state of the art.
We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games. We really value people and the impact they have. We look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
- Responsible for the software architecture of audio tools and technology
- Design, create and support audio features using C++ & UE4 Blueprints.
- Support audio teams in problem solving and proposing solutions
- Works closely with design teams to ensure features deliver on their creative vision.
- Interact and collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define shared audio technology solutions.
- Enthusiasm for game audio
- Experience with audio systems, workflows and signal processing (filters, synthesis)
- Highly proficient in C++
- Experience with Wwise and Unreal
- Comfortable working in an dynamic R&D environment
- Driven and self-motivated
- Strong debugging and optimization skills
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers.
- Interest in emerging audio technologies (spatial and procedurally generated sound)
- Experience with mobile and consoles
- Audio production and software knowledge a plus
- An ability to mentor and level up those around them.
- An interest in leading the charge and shaping Audio Technology across the organization.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.