We are looking for a broadly experienced Rendering Engineer to join our San Mateo or LA studio to work on an original, new IP. We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games. People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
As a Sr./Lead Rendering engineer, you will work collaboratively with artists, designers and fellow engineers to realize our beautiful, stylized visual target. Our team puts creating great player experiences first and foremost, and you will be a critical part of making that possible. An ideal candidate will bring prior experience working with UE4's rendering pipeline, a strong understanding of modern hardware capabilities and a track record of pushing the state of the art.
The successful candidate must have a strong background in current rendering technologies and have a passion for problem solving in an R&D environment. They must have a solid understanding of optimization tools and techniques. They will be expected to take advantage of both PC and mobile platforms to bring the game’s art to life.
- Work closely with artists and technical artists to achieve high quality visual results, within each platform's performance budget.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers on the team to develop systems in support of R&D prototyping, as required.
- Work with a cross-discipline team to provide productive and effective content workflows.
- Profile and optimize CPU & GPU performance on multiple platforms.
- Develop technical designs and implementation plans for new rendering features, based on art & design requirements.
- Coordinate with other teams to enhance R&D efforts collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with artists, designers and content developers — local and remote.
- 10+ years of software experience in the games industry.
- Extensive real-time rendering knowledge.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Strong software architecture skills with a proven ability to apply these to rendering challenges.
- Strong profiling and optimization skills.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Familiar with PC, console (Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo), and mobile development.
- Live service experience.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo.