We are looking for an experienced QA Manager to join our San Mateo studio and work on an original, new IP. As a QA Manager at Phoenix Labs, you’ll be responsible for growing the QA discipline on the project, developing and implementing the vision for how QA operates, and building the overall testing strategy for an exciting unannounced game!
We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games. People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work. You will work collaboratively with engineers, artists, and designers to ensure software quality for our original new IP.
This is a full-time permanent position. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Develop and implement a holistic vision for how QA operates within the studio, driving alignment on the Quality Strategy with discipline leads and cross-functional teams.
- Build a department of QA professionals embedded across multiple teams, supporting their growth through active mentorship and career management.
- Ensure quality software by leading the generation and implementation of detailed Quality Plans for both internal and external partners.
- Partner with Production and cross-functional pods on bug triage processes, ensuring that the team are empowered to find and resolve the most-critical issues.
- Collaborate with teams and discipline leads to ensure alignment on the strategy for delivery quality.
- Accountable for the effectiveness of the QA discipline at the studio.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working in QA in the video game industry, including 1-2 years of formal management/leadership experience.
- Experience driving the creation and implementation of strategic test plans and goals, and gaining strong team alignment on those plans
- Experience innovating on best practices, and implementing new ways of approaching, mitigating and communicating quality risks.
- Prior experience working on multiplayer games.
- Prior experience working with games-as-a-service.
- Prior experience with PC and/or Console development.
- Experience working as an embedded QA professional.
- Experience collaborating with external teams.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with mobile development.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience using JIRA and Perforce.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Familiarity with a broad selection of modern video games.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.