Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented Build Engineer. The ideal candidate must have experience with at least one continuous integration system (Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo, Circle, etc), programming experience with Groovy or Java, as well as Python. They will be passionate about reducing manual work via automation while architecting secure, reliable and scalable systems. With a curious nature they will keep abreast of the latest developments in the open source community, empowering us to use the best tools for the task at hand. By joining a fast growing game studio they will be surrounded by technical and creative teams, with the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of upcoming titles.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Montreal office, QC.
- Design, prototype, implement, and polish internal game build pipelines and workflow tools using Python, C#, C++
- Champion automation to solve build and testing problems
- Measure, analyze and mitigate risk in the development cycle
- Identify and anticipate problems across a variety of tools, areas, and systems, propose and execute solutions
- Consult with other engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required
- Work closely with the rest of the Infrastructure Engineering team to ensure system stability, reliability and performance of build infrastructure
- Respond to issues as they arise
- Participation as a senior escalation resource
- 5+ years of software development experience in the games industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience writing concise, understandable technical documentation
- Ability to effectively architect large features and complex systems from end to end
- Ability to mentor colleagues to ensure our success with the latest technology available
- Proficiency with Jenkins or similar continuous integration
- Proficient with Python
- Experience with Perforce source control
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong debugging, optimization, and multitasking skills
- Passion for gaming
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and blueprints
- Proficiency in C# or C++
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like ansible is a plus
- Experience with containerization tools is a plus
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus
- Experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.