Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a Technical Artist with a focus on supporting artists with materials, shading, and rendering to join one of our new internal game teams! You will work with artists across all departments from modeling to vfx to ensure all assets work within the scope of the technical pipeline requirements. The ideal developer is someone who is passionate about improving development processes for the production of materials, shaders, and rendering.
- Work to level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines, such as Characters, Environments, and real-time VFX
- Provide technical support to artists
- Design and/or help contribute to many stylized game assets (such as shaders/materials)
- Collaborate with production to develop a long-term strategy to maintain and evolve the art workflows for the product
- Creation & Optimization of new materials for world, character & real-time VFX teams
- Ability to research & prototype lighting solutions with the Art Director, World Artists and Graphics Engineers to achieve the visual fidelity needed for the game while taking into account game constraints
- Provide support to Art Teams creating assets and developing pipelines.
- Effectively learn, improve, and maintain proprietary tools
- Several years of experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Experience in efficient material and shader development for 3d characters, props, and environments
- Strong art skills with experience and an understanding of modeling, shaders, texturing, & rendering for games
- Extensive experience working with game engine scripting and materials
- Highly proficient communication skills and capacity to act as an ambassador between art and engineering
- Experience working with Substance Designer and Painter
- Previous experience with Unreal Engine
- HLSL Shader creation
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.