Phoenix Labs is looking for a Lead UX Designer to join one of our new game initiatives at our San Mateo studio.
As a Lead UX Designer, you will create and communicate an inspiring vision for the User Experience on a new/original IP. You will draw from your rich understanding of games to inform decisions, while educating others and elevating the team's solutions. The position requires infinite creativity, passion, and a relentless attention to detail.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic and iterative environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to continuously improve and do hard things. People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
- Design, document, and develop AAA quality UX for game systems in UE4.
- Drive cross-team collaboration to help define and achieve system goals.
- Develop functional wireframes and user flows.
- Rapidly build and iterate on prototypes and test assets.
- Work closely with UX research to ensure designs meet our key KPIs. This includes being accountable for ensuring that the data seen in the live environment informs future iteration.
- Collaborate with UI artists, designers and engineers to implement designs in UE4.
- Remain current on game industry trends including new games and game genres, emerging game design methods and techniques.
- Wealth of experience making clean and intuitive experiences in games.
- Strong knowledge of interactive visual design principles.
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems, while quickly learning new tools and workflows.
- Clear communicator with a level head and drive to improve.
- Must be a team player and excited to collaborate with other artists, designers, and engineers.
- Understanding of general UI/UX principles.
- Proficient with Figma or equivalent prototyping tools.
- Passion for video games, with a relentless thirst for learning from playing them.
- Must be humble, hungry, and excited to help those around them do their best work.
- Experience with implementation in Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience working on a live product.
- Experience working on multiple platforms (console, PC, mobile).
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.