Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Senior Producer to join our San Mateo studio. This individual will collaborate with the Director of Production on building the production discipline and processes, driving and tracking milestone objectives across multiple cross-functional teams, and forecasting/mitigating project risk, all in service of bringing an exciting, brand new game IP to life!
This role is a full-time, permanent position.
- Empower and support a cross-functional development team of software engineers, designers, and artists.
- Accountable for driving and tracking milestone initiatives, bolstering team health and performance, and risk management.
- Facilitate team rituals such as standups, sprint planning, and sprint reviews.
- Lead the implementation of new production processes and workflows.
- Build and champion project management software to ensure quality project reporting and visibility.
- 8+ Years of Project Management experience in Games
- Shipped at least 1 Live Service game - familiar with running a live service game.
- Shipped at least 1 multi-platform game title with end-to-end production experience (preferred).
- Steady and practiced hand at steering a game’s production through the different stages of development.
- Experienced in scaling and managing a cross-functional development team from the small size of early stage development through to the larger size of production, launch, and live service.
- Strong written and verbal communicator who is capable of building alignment with large and varied groups.
- At home in a cross-functional, team-based environment, and has the ability to thrive in and promote a culture of collaboration and transparency.
- Strategic thinker with high proficiency in various project management methodologies, who knows when to apply which methodologies to drive toward effective outcomes.
- Highly proficient at core project management skills and able to share knowledge by coaching or training others in skills like planning, scheduling, estimation, risk assessment, capacity planning, scoping, budgeting, and staffing.
- Adept at preparing mitigation and contingency plans before problems occur within a team or project.
- Competitive knowledge of the connected/live landscape of games on various platforms and regions.
- Experience with (or certification) in Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Confluence, Jira, Favro, Google Suite, Slack.
- Experience with Perforce.
- Experience building and delivering organizational reports.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.