Have a love for beautiful, usable, and accessible websites? Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Front-End Developer to help us redefine around-game content and support our future games into reaching millions of players across the globe. An ideal candidate has a strong grasp of front-end development best practices across a wide range of implementations, and thrives off working with a diverse team of craftspeople to continually push the boundaries of what’s possible in web.
Success in this role means collaborating with peers on the Marketing Creative team to ideate on and deliver world-class web work, from game and corporate websites through to interactive experiences. This conjurer of code will be as comfortable in brainstorming as they are in building, and will serve as a subject matter expert for web integrations in creative concepting and planning.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic, inclusive studio, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and take on new challenges. You will be joining a diverse team including individuals in multiple locations and countries.
- Help shape our tech stack and define best practices for the web discipline.
- Work alongside our marketing and creative teams to help design, build, and deploy new websites and web applications.
- Work alongside our game teams and services engineers to help maintain and build upon live websites to support our games throughout their life cycle.
- Improve our internal processes by building tools and automating whatever can be automated.
- Approach front-end development with a limitless curiosity, staying up to date on best practices, trends, accessibility, and new tech.
- 4+ years of front-end development experience
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining production websites.
- Experience with headless CMS and static site generators (Jamstack).
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with modern frameworks/libraries, such as Next.js, React, Svelte, Vue or Angular.
- Experience with back-end languages such as Python or Go.
- Experience with Canvas API, Three.js, GreenSock.js, or other animation libraries.
- Experience or affinity with UI/UX design.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.