Phoenix Labs is looking for a Senior UI Engineer to work on one of our new multi-platform titles, focusing on UI/UX implementation. The successful candidate must have professional C++ experience and have a keen interest in solving the challenges of creating new IP. We are a highly collaborative studio and you’ll get to partner closely with art & design teams in order to collectively deliver a delightful UI experience for our players.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes UI features.
- Works closely with UI artists to ensure UI features deliver on their creative vision.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the UI development schedule.
- Consult with other Engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 5+ years of UI experience in the games industry
- Professional experience using C++, to extend the engine where necessary
- Experience working on a networked game (Client/Server model).
- Experience debugging and optimizing in a multi-threaded environment.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with content developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Experience scripting in Unreal (preferably Blueprints).
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.