Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced QA tester to join the team on one of our new game initiatives in our Bay Area studio. A successful candidate would have extensive and recent experience testing video games on PC and consoles, and experience working as an embedded member of an agile team.
A Senior QA Analyst at Phoenix Labs is embedded with the team, owning the quality of new content and systems releasing from that team, and also works alongside the other members of the QA department to ensure releases to our players go smoothly (including following up on any live game issues).
This is a full-time permanent position. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Embed with cross-functional teams on an unannounced IP to develop test plans and ensure build stability and quality of the product as a whole.
- Collaborate closely with Production on the task / bug database creation and administration.
- Identify, document, and highlight risks and inefficiencies in QA practices, providing mitigation or contingency solutions where possible.
- Own bug reporting, escalation, and provide a crucial voice in triage initiatives.
- Work with product owners and other stakeholders to identify requirements, risks and testing strategies
- Drive communication, represent QA work on progress, tasks and/or blockers
- Give feedback and otherwise contribute to discussions around upcoming features, based on your testing and experience
- Work alongside and communicate regularly with QA colleagues (internally and externally) on other teams
- Contribute to department-wide efforts to improve QA processes
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in QA in the video game industry
- Must have worked on at least 2 titles from early stages of development to release.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Innovate on best practices, and implement new ways of approaching and mitigating quality risks.
- Experience working as an embedded QA
- Experience working with games-as-a-service
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience using JIRA and Perforce
- Experience working with PC, PS4, XB1, and Switch in the context of development
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with an external QA team
- Familiarity with a broad selection of modern video games
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.