Are you fluent in brainstorm and market strategy? Have a knack for working with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams? Phoenix Labs is looking for a Marketing Creative Director who can help us supercharge our creative processes and support our mission of delivering the best experiences in games.
A successful candidate in this role will thrive on collaboration and multi-disciplinary craft-wrangling, partnering with internal creative craftspeople, marketing leads, game teams, and external partners to chart out the driving creative visions that will establish our games in the hearts and minds of players. A Marketing Creative Director should know how to marry audience insights, marketing goals, and craft expertise into a singular creative canvas that feels consistent in quality and tone across all possible audience touchpoints.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic, inclusive studio, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and take on new challenges. You will be joining a diverse team including individuals in multiple locations and countries.
- Partner with marketing and game leadership to translate audience insights, product truths, and market opportunities into powerful creative visions that can drive world-class marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with a wide range of internal and external creative experts across crafts like writing, art, animation, design, music, web, and more
- Concept and construct innovative creative platforms that can drive high quality creative tactics, then help to execute those tactics to surprise and delight players around the globe
- Work with the Publishing Producer to help manage creative delivery for teams while being accountable to the quality and cohesiveness of each of the parts of the whole
- Partner closely with Marketing Leads to find and drive alignment on creative visions and tactics, and to measure their efficacy
- 2-4 years of creative marketing experience with a focus on building engaging, story-driven marketing campaigns centered firmly on passionate audiences
- Experience leading creative campaigns from end to end, starting with initial strategy and brand identities and ending with final delivery and retros
- Experience with storytelling or scriptwriting, especially around pre-rendered (or engine-captured) game trailers, cinematics, and large-scale creative campaigns
- Familiarity with and experience feedbacking a wide range of crafts including illustration, motion graphics, animation, writing, creative direction, music, video, and design
- Deep understanding of what top games studios are doing in the marketing realm, especially around the driving of fandom and engagement
- Strong familiarity with games and the games industry across a wide range of genres
- Experience shipping multilingual, multi-region creative work, familiarity with wide array of channels
- Strong craft expertise in a creative craft such as illustration, design, writing, or video editing
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn industry tools and workflows like Agile, Ftrack, Final Draft, Adobe’s creative suite, etc
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.