Phoenix Labs is looking for a Senior Producer to manage Localization on one of our undisclosed projects! We are seeking a hands-on manager who is excited to manage localization end to end!
You have a strong understanding of what it takes to bring a live game to communities of players across the globe and understand that Localization is more than just translating from one language to another. The successful candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, and rigorous organizational skills, allowing them to be effective within a multi-disciplinary live development environment.
This is a full-time permanent position. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Directly manage a community of translators and external vendors to maintain our localization effort to support live game releases and the ongoing publishing campaign
- Accountable for all aspects of project scope, schedule, quality, and budget for localization
- Collaborate with the Development and Publishing teams on the feel, and flow of the user experience in all supported languages across multiple regions
- Collaborate with the development team to support the addition of new languages, content and systems with the goal of optimizing and improving the localization process
- Build excellent relationships with our translation community, vendors, the development and publishing teams to facilitate closer integration with localization and process improvement
- Actively manage and mitigate risk and lead problem resolution as issues arise
- Maintain a Jira database tracking all Localization issues working with the Quality Assurance team to test and resolve issues on a biweekly release cycle
- Deliver assistance to feature leads and producers areas as required
- 7+ years experience in Localization Project Management in games
- At home within dynamic, team-based environments, navigating inter-dependencies, and managing output.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution.
- Comfortable collaborating and managing remote teams across time zones.
- A focus on doing what’s best for players, even if that means sacrificing some of the bottom line.
- Competitive knowledge of other games in the action-RPG and PC space, and other notable free-to-play games.
- Experienced and comfortable with using on a daily basis the following software & tools: Xloc, Unreal Engine, Crowdin, Confluence, Jira
- Fluency in two or more languages would be a huge perk
- Experience with scripting or programming
- Voiceover recording management
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.