Phoenix Labs is looking for a Senior Community Manager to support our marketing efforts on a new, unannounced IP. This role is responsible for community strategy, as well as directly communicating with players through social media and community channels. The ideal candidate is a creative, data-informed leader with a firm grasp of internet social dynamics. They constantly seek to build trust and open communication between players and game teams .
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love the way they make us feel and we love the way they bring people together. We’re a values-driven studio forging a place where diverse teams of people can come together to fundamentally change the way we think about and tackle the immense work of game development.
From our founding in 2014, we’ve had a singular mission: Do the best work of our lives building world-class multiplayer games, driven always by an unwavering regard for both the people who play those games and the people who create them.
This is a full-time permanent position located in our Los Angeles or Vancouver studio. Currently, some of our team is working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe, however, once we are able to return to normal work conditions this role will be onsite.
- Own community strategy, content planning, and execution on all social media and community channels for an unannounced IP.
- Contribute to global go-to-market plans and author respective community plans.
- Develop and maintain a set of community guidelines.
- Manage people, including performance management, mentorship, and career growth.
- Represent the studio at industry and social functions, as well as through online streaming and social platforms.
- Identify and act on emerging opportunities and social trends.
- Monitor trends and deliver regular community reports including sentiment tracking.
- 7+ years of game-specific community management experience.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game and managed the community through launch.
- Experience managing the community of a live-service game.
- Experience building and leading community teams, including career management.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, including on camera.
- Excellent at building trust between players and Phoenix Labs, acting as a 2-way conduit between the community and the development team.
- Active online gamer and social media participant.
- Familiar with HTML, markdown, and CMS.
- Proficient with basic Adobe Photoshop tasks
- Experience working in an Agile setting
Please send a cover letter, resume/CV, and portfolio of work to email@example.com.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.