Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and versatile Gameplay Programmer to work on our newest AAA game. The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for gameplay and gameplay systems. They will work collaboratively with the design team in order to deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes gameplay systems.
- Works closely with the design and gameplay team on characters, abilities, gadgets, weapons as well as various gameplay mechanics and systems.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the gameplay development schedule.
- Consult with other Programmers and Designers on the team to change, adapt or refactorsystems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 5+ years of gameplay programming experience.
- Highly proficient in C++ (familiarity with UE4 is a plus).
- At least one shipped title.
- Experience with multiplayer games is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers.
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Strong passion for gameplay systems.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.