Do you believe people are the ends, not the means? Are you excited by, and ideally have experienced, the challenges of scaling a video game company? Are you the sort of personality that thrives in a fast moving environment?
We’re looking for an experienced Senior HR Business Partner to join our U.S team. This is a role for either our Los Angeles or SF Bay Area studio. You would support the game project teams in both U.S. studios to do their best work every day. In this role, you’ll work closely with leaders across the U.S. studios and game teams, as well as with HR counterparts across all Phoenix Labs studios.
Currently, our teams are working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. We'll continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our team safe.
- Partner with local studio leadership to support U.S. studios in living into Phoenix Labs values authentically, and building a strong and mosaic culture.
- Provide counsel and partner with leaders across U.S. studios to influence effective, successful people and business outcomes.
- Support employees throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Drive planning and implementation of company-wide HR initiatives.
- Support and grow talent by driving and improving performance management and learning & development programs.
- Resolve employee relation issues effectively, with tact and diplomacy.
- Use insightful data to guide decision making and provide people solutions to make teams more effective.
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources management or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in HR, preferably in the video game industry.
- Strong competency within the functional areas of HR, including but not limited to: employee relations, performance management, coaching, employee engagement, compensation & total rewards, learning & development, leave of absence management, immigration, compliance, communications, and change management.
- Strong ability to coach and challenge leaders.
- Prior experience in collaborative, cross-disciplinary environments.
- Ability to mix strong business judgment with HR know-how and innovative problem-solving.
- Ability to act with integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Polished verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.