Phoenix Labs is looking to hire an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join our Los Angeles studio and work on an original new IP. We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games. People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work collaboratively with the Product Director, Design team and fellow Engineers to architect and implement efficient, maintainable game systems. Our team puts creating great player experiences first and foremost, and you will be a critical part of making that possible. An ideal candidate will bring a strong optimization toolkit, comfort working in large codebases, and a track record of pushing the state of the art.
- Design, implement, document, debug, and test C++ code
- Work on several systems, focused on Networking, Replication and Performance
- Collaborate, with designers and other engineers to develop and refine key systems, including requirements gathering and writing technical briefs
- Participate in code reviews and discussions with other engineers on the team
- Serve as a mentor to more junior engineers creating clean, maintainable, and performant C++ code
- Partner with teams and disciplines across Phoenix Labs
- Minimum 8+ years experience in the games industry
- Able to communicate and collaborate with developers of all technical skill levels and disciplines
- Experience working with game engines
- 4+ years of solid experience working on games writing performant C++ code
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous R&D environment
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- CS degree preferred
- Multiple shipped AAA titles
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Networking / Game Replication Systems
- Experience working with Matchmaking
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code
- Passion for multiplayer gaming
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.