Phoenix Labs is looking for an Office Manager to support our Montreal studio! Duties are to provide administrative support and manage office functions, but the role will also be able to contribute to a wider range of duties and responsibilities, all of which will be central to the overall smooth running of our studio. The successful candidate will also temporarily occupy the role of greeting visitors, receiving calls and packages, and answering general inquiries in a positive and professional manner. They must have excellent communication skills, be highly organized and detail oriented and be excited by new challenges and an ever changing to-do list. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Coordinating facilities requests with the building (refurbishments, access cards, repairs, etc.);
- Manage the facilities with a high degree of organization and tidying (studio, meeting rooms, etc.); manage multiple schedules, timelines, projects, and priorities effectively;
- Assist in organizing meetings, conferences, team building, catering, and special events logistics, onsite & offsite;
- Manage inventory supplies and restocking of office stationery, kitchen items, swag, etc.;
- Assist in recruitment coordination (greeting candidates, setting up interviews, handling NDAs, etc);
- First day logistics for new hires (including desk setup, onboarding logistics, etc);
- Oversee day to day operations and resolve any operational issues within the studio;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop, maintain, and enhance business continuity and disaster and emergency preparedness plans and programs;
- Qualify, select suppliers, and manage ongoing vendor relationships to ensure optimal cost and operational efficiency; ensure work is completed to standard and within the budget;
- Travel coordination;
- Reception desk management - greeting and welcoming staff and visitors, answering calls, receiving packages and mail (Temporary responsibility);
- Other various tasks or projects as requested.
- Experience managing projects across departments, stakeholders, and cross functional teams;
- 1-3 years of office experience, or retail experience in which you performed similar duties;
- Strong ability to solve problems proactively;
- Good judgment and analytical skills;
- Experience working with confidential information and documentation;
- Ability to work accurately, and handle multiple priorities;
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude, with an excellent work ethics;
- Strong skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and/or Google Apps (Docs/Sheets) and Gmail;
- Excellent attention to detail and record keeping;
- Experience in a facilities, in coordinating travel and in organizing events;
- Able to perform effectively in a fast-paced, high volume environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Love of the video game and creative industry.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.