Phoenix Labs is looking to hire an experienced Senior Devops Engineer. The ideal candidate will push forward our Infrastructure as Code strategy, driving future innovation to support a variety of projects. They will be passionate about reducing manual work via automation while architecting secure, reliable and scalable systems. With a curious nature they will keep abreast of the latest developments in the open source community, empowering us to use the best tools for the task at hand. By joining a fast growing game studio they will be surrounded by technical and creative teams, with the opportunity to contribute to a wide range of upcoming titles.
This is a full-time, permanent position at either Phoenix Labs’ Vancouver, Montreal, San Mateo, or Los Angeles studios. Phoenix Labs is following local government guidelines for each of its studios in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we expect the successful candidate to work onsite when we return to normal work conditions.
- Take ownership of our existing Ansible and Terraform playbooks, and lead best practices for automation
- Champion automation projects and partner with game teams to replace manual processes
- Evangelize, advocate and provide automation guidance for performance, stability, and security
- Identify when automation is the best tool to accomplish a goal, and present alternatives when it is not
- Lead an initiative to replace legacy systems with automation deployed systems, working proactively to prevent accrual of technical debt
- Participate in our on-call rotation to resolve the rare after-hours alert, and assist with occasional maintenance windows
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps role using Ansible and Terraform for both Linux and Windows systems
- 5+ years of experience working with mission critical production infrastructure
- Comfortable working with bare metal, VMware, Kubernetes and VMs across a variety of public cloud providers
- Highly experienced with scripting in Bash, Python and/or PowerShell
- Able to effectively architect large features and complex systems from end to end
- Strong written communication skills with experience writing concise, understandable technical documentation
- Ability to mentor colleagues to ensure our success with the latest cloud concepts and architectures
- Passion for gaming
- Experience automating bare metal and VM deployments
- Experience building and deploying container images at scale
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault, TiDB and Prometheus
- Experience architecting scalable solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads
- Experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.