This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced system administrator who is ready to lead a team and manage projects within a dynamic and fast paced gaming environment. Each day will be filled with various tasks and the ideal candidate will have excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
As a Lead Systems Administrator, your role will involve leading a team of System Administrators as well as IT projects that support software engineers, designers, artists and producers across multiple North American studios.
- Day-to-day management of the Sysadmin pod within the IT Operations team.
- Manage and work on IT-driven initiatives including upgrades, single sign on, server deployments, endpoint management, etc.
- Act as IT point person for physical space expansions, upgrades, cabling, and connectivity.
- Define hardware standards for IT procurement across the organization.
- Optimize and refine the backup and disaster recovery strategies, documentation and testing.
- Triage, resolve or escalate alerts for servers, backup jobs and cloud services.
- Datacentre management and maintenance tasks.
- Participate in technical meetings to discuss recent issues and progress initiatives forward.
- Create and maintain great documentation, including SOPs, network diagrams, and KBs.
- 4+ years of experience in an infrastructure role, supporting technologies such as Windows Server, VMware, SANs, disaster recovery platforms, and advanced networking.
- Experience with managing IT deployments of new or expanding physical office spaces.
- Experience with managing Linux platforms such as Ubuntu and CentOS.
- Experience deploying Veeam as a disaster recovery platform.
- Experience with remote management solutions and security platforms.
- Must be comfortable with scripting common tasks, experience with Ansible preferred.
- French language is an asset.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.