Phoenix Labs is seeking a highly capable Lead Marketing Manager to join our marketing team to shape and establish an exciting new IP in the shooter space. The role requires a seasoned strategic leader with global marketing experience ideally across mobile and console. The successful candidate will come equipped with player-centric marketing strategies and is naturally adept at navigating a complex and competitive market. Since the role is tightly integrated into the development team, being experienced with game production, coupled with a track record of closely partnering with a development team is crucial.
The highly motivated individual will be responsible for leading the vision, driving the strategy, and mobilizing a team to execute the go to market plan and ongoing live services for the next big hit in our portfolio. The ideal candidate will also have experience in building, leading and mentoring teams towards excellence. We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with experience collaborating in a cross-functional environment as the role will work closely with publishing partners in our parent company, Garena.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic, inclusive studio, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and take on new challenges. You will be joining a diverse team including individuals in multiple locations and countries. This is a full-time permanent position located in our HQ in beautiful Vancouver, BC.
- Create and execute an integrated global go-to-market plan managing the entire player funnel from acquisition to retention
- Contribute to the strategic development of a live ops plan in close partnership with the development team
- Conduct ongoing market research and competitive analysis to create a data-informed marketing strategy that capitalizes on trends and opportunities
- Act as the champion of the player and work with the development team on delivering gameplay experiences that delight our players
- Build and manage a nimble team including performance management, mentorship, and career growth
- Coordinate with external publishing partners to maximize marketing impact and reach
- Work with the finance team to determine marketing budgets based on business goals and forecasts
- Synthesize performance data, community insights and harness game telemetry to devise creative and innovative approaches to customer retention and engagement
- Bachelor degree in marketing, advertising, business, or related field
- Background in video games with 7+ years in a global marketing role
- Shipped at least one online shooter with extensive experience managing live games as a service
- Proven track record of successfully leading a team
- Mobile, console and PC publishing experience
- Building and maintaining competitive gaming communities
- Passion for video games and interactive entertainment
- Experience with F2P business model and monetization strategies
- Presenting plans and discussing strategy with leadership to create alignment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate business goals into actionable strategic plans
- Developing creative campaigns with internal and external creative teams
- Experience with eSports tournaments and communities
- Capacity to learn new markets quickly and adept at navigating a highly competitive landscape
- Previously launched a new IP
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.