Phoenix Labs is looking for a passionate and player-centric video editor to create compelling content across a portfolio of games. This role will focus primarily on capturing and producing promotional videos and content alongside the marketing team. This Video Editor will be deeply familiar with mobile video creation, have a keen eye for good capture, and skillfully edit their work together. Strong communication skills, creativity, and ability to work under a deadline are a must.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic, inclusive studio, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and take on new challenges. You will be joining a diverse team including individuals in multiple locations and countries.
This is a full-time permanent position located in our Los Angeles studio. Currently, some of our team is working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe, however, once we are able to return to normal work conditions this role will be onsite.
- Responsible for video production from brief to final delivery, in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Capture in-game footage through gameplay and developer tools.
- Develop assets and treatments for live broadcast and streaming.
- Data management including raw camera footage, video, sound and graphic assets
- Create content for cross-platform distribution, including social media platforms.
- Research and analyze latest trends, design techniques, and solutions in video development.
- Ensures consistency and proper brand alignment on all content.
- Build healthy and regular feedback loops across international teams and stakeholders.
- Collaborate and engage in constructive brainstorming across teams.
- 3-5 years of experience producing video with professional editing software (Adobe or Final Cut)
- Expert experience creating video content for video games including mobile games.
- Deep understanding of all components of video development - narrative, storyline, design, color, composition, sound, music, and typography.
- Keen eye for detail, camera composition, and shot presentation.
- Intermediate experience with audio and mastering your work.
- Experienced with motion graphics and design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passionate about the gaming industry and esports
- Experience in 3D animation (Maxon Cinema 4D or other 3D software).
- Experience in-engine (Unreal Editor or Unity)
- Experience working in an Agile setting
- Experience with work administration tools (e.g. Wrike, Asana, Percolate, etc.)
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.