Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Director of Learning to help bolster our efforts to invest in the learning, development, and growth of all our team members. We are looking for someone with passion and experience in elevating learning in an organization. You will be responsible for setting the overall L&D strategy and implementing and managing programs. Where resources don’t currently exist, you’ll create training from the ground up, or identify existing third-party training options when applicable.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic and iterative environment. We are committed to continuously improve and do hard things. People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
One of our values is that people are the ends, not the means. Investing in ourselves by encouraging and facilitating learning and growth is fundamental to this value. While we’ve long held these values, our journey into Learning and Development is a newer one, and we are looking for an individual who has passion to take us to the next level and beyond, working with a growing cast of amazing folks focused on our people.
This is a full-time permanent position located in our Vancouver studio. Currently, some of our team is working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe, however, once we are able to return to normal work conditions, this role will be onsite in Vancouver.
- Own and communicate the overall L&D strategy for the organization
- Identify, develop, implement, and facilitate new training opportunities
- Maintain current training initiatives and evolve them as needed
- Measure and report on the impact of our learning programs, using these results and feedback to guide the evolution of our programs
- Grow and develop an internal team as needed to meet the long term L&D strategy
- Identify and successfully deploy existing third-party training options when applicable
- Maintain strong connections with all our studio locations, incorporating the needs of each location
- 7+ years of training success
- Strong communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of teams and individuals
- Experience in design and facilitation of training programs using diverse delivery methods
- Bilingual in English and French
- Prior experience in a Director of Learning and Development role
- Experience excelling at leadership/management training
- Formal training in adult education or training (Degree or Certificate)
- Knowledge of e-learning authoring software and LMS utilization
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.