Dauntless is searching for a Release Producer to seamlessly tie together the scheduling, communication and deployment of our game and first party content across multiple platforms.
You will be responsible for implementing, managing, and improving the release processes for Dauntless through development, test, and production environments. By engaging collaboratively with participants across all our teams, you will support developers, artists, and analysts to ensure our software development lifecycle, tools, and environments enable a smooth release process with a high level of observability.
Reporting into the Head of Delivery, the Release Manager will be the central communication and scheduling hub for all production and first party changes, ensuring we maintain strong first party relationships and the best cross platform player experience.
Scheduling and Communication
Coordinate with stakeholders to schedule release windows, platform updates, and first party offerings to align with the product roadmap.
Engage with producers and QA analysts across multiple teams to manage scope, risk, and quality for each release.
Communicate with first parties to book certification windows and time multi platform releases.
Gather feedback to build a backlog with developers, designers, and artists on how to improve the Software Development Lifecycle and our release platforms.
Process and Deployment
Produce and maintain documentation, deployment run books, and validation plans, coordinating with team members to continuously improve the system.
Drive release activities, including the coordination and execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
Continually strive to improve the automation and accessibility of our release pipeline and first party processes through championing tooling, measurement, and retrospectives.
Researches new development and configuration management methodologies ensuring Dauntless is prepared for new challenges and innovation in the industry.
- 2+ years of release and product management experience.
- Experience with live service games and cloud hosting platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of game development and software development lifecycles
- Strong communication skills and experience with First Party Publishers (Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated effective leadership, debugging, optimization, and multitasking skills.
- Familiarity with UE4 and blueprint.
- Familiarity with Jenkins.
- Proficiency with Python or other scripting languages.
- Familiarity with GitHub and Perforce.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.