Phoenix Labs is looking for a Senior/Lead UI Software Engineer to lead UI/UX implementation for our new IP project and work collaboratively with the art team in order to deliver the best UI experience possible. The candidate must have strong C++ and Unreal Engine 4 skills and a passion for problem solving.
This is a full-time, permanent position at either Phoenix Labs’ San Mateo, Los Angeles or Vancouver studios. Phoenix Labs is following local government guidelines for each of its studios in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we expect the successful candidate to work onsite when we return to normal work conditions.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes UI features
- Partner with UX Designers and UI Artists to ensure features deliver on their creative vision
- Leads and mentors a team of UI developers
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the UI development schedule
- Consult with other Engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems
- 8+ years of UI experience in the games industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Strong coding skills in C++ to extend the engine where necessary
- Experience scripting in Unreal Engine 4 (preferably Blueprints)
- Experience working on a networked game (Client/Server model)
- Experience debugging and optimizing in a multi-threaded environment
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Driven and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with content developers
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.