Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a senior level Technical Artist to assist our art teams in look development, optimization, and artist tooling. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and production staff. They will be excited by empowering their team members to make world class content. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Works closely with Gameplay programmers, Character Artists, and Animators to provide functional, high quality in-game assets.
- Provide support to Art Teams creating assets and developing pipelines.
- Skinning and rigging of character/prop assets, including setups for facial animation.
- Profile and provide feedback on performance.
- Provide and receive feedback to/from Character Creation, Animation and Gameplay programming teams.
- Effectively learn, improve, innovate and maintain proprietary tools.
- Document knowledge and processes.
- 6+ years experience in video game development, preferably in look development and art asset performance.
- At least 2 years experience in Unreal 4 and/or any other commercial and proprietary game engine.
- A strong experience in Maya and/or Blender.
- Understanding of character creation concepts, including sculpting, shading, high quality facial animation and clothing creation/simulation.
- Experience with rigging, skinning/weighting, and character pipelines.
- Understanding of classical animation concepts and supporting animation tools.
- Notions in procedural character creation and animation techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, self organized, who works well within a creative team with less guidelines.
- Takes and provides constructive feedback.
- Familiar with and excited by the multiplayer PVE/PVP game genre.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Experience with UE4 Blueprinting.
- Knowledge with C#, C++ programming.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.