Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a senior level Technical Artist to assist our art teams in look development, optimization, and artist tooling. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and production staff. They will be excited by empowering their team members to make world class content.
Phoenix Labs is located in Montreal, QC. Applicants must live within commuting distance to the studio. This is a full-time, permanent position.
- Works closely with Gameplay programmers, Character Artists, and Animators to provide functional, high quality in-game assets.
- Provide support to Art Teams creating assets and developing pipelines.
- Skinning and rigging of character/prop assets, including setups for facial animation.
- Profile and provide feedback on performance.
- Provide and receive feedback to/from Character Creation, Animation and Gameplay programming teams.
- Effectively learn, improve, innovate and maintain proprietary tools.
- Document knowledge and processes.
- 6+ years experience in video game development, preferably in look development and art asset performance.
- At least 2 years experience in Unreal 4 and/or any other commercial and proprietary game engine.
- A strong experience in Maya and/or Blender.
- Understanding of character creation concepts, including sculpting, shading, high quality facial animation and clothing creation/simulation.
- Experience with rigging, skinning/weighting, and character pipelines.
- Understanding of classical animation concepts and supporting animation tools.
- Notions in procedural character creation and animation techniques.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, self organized, who works well within a creative team with less guidelines.
- Takes and provides constructive feedback.
- Familiar with and excited by the multiplayer PVE/PVP game genre.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Experience with UE4 Blueprinting.
- Knowledge with C#, C++ programming.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.