Phoenix Labs is looking for a data driven and player-centric Lead Marketing Manager to support Dauntless. We are seeking a strategic thinker with experience leading marketing teams. This role has a proficient understanding of all parts of the marketing funnel and direct experience growing and mentoring individuals on their team. The ideal candidate is also deeply familiar with online game development and understands how games are made. Adept communication skills, a data mindset, creativity, and project management experience are a must.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic, inclusive studio, and we pride ourselves on our ability to continually improve and take on new challenges. You will be joining a close-knit team of veteran game developers.
This is a full-time permanent position located in our Burnaby studio. Currently, some of our team is working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe, however, once we are able to return to normal work conditions, this role will be onsite in Burnaby.
- Own marketing plans and strategies for Dauntless.
- Become vision holder for Dauntless marketing, working with all disciplines across the product to bring that vision to life.
- Collaborate and integrate all parts of the marketing discipline including community, PR, CRM, and advertising to create cohesive plans.
- Manage a team of 5-10 individuals including performance management, mentorship, and career growth.
- Develop and maintain each part of the marketing funnel, from awareness to revival and monetization.
- Own market research and partner with product teams to make informed decisions.
- Cultivate a culture of innovation within the team and identify new trends to explore.
- Build marketing budgets alongside the finance team and ensure accurate forecasting and reporting.
- Craft thoughtful storytelling for players and establish long lasting, authentic relationships.
- Manage key relationships with external marketing and publishing partners.
- 5+ years in a marketing role.
- 3+ years managing a team of multiple individuals.
- Adept at guiding and supporting a team as an inspirational leader.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including conflict resolution.
- Excels at developing creative campaigns.
- Expert level experience in collecting and interpreting data. Know what questions to ask.
- Expert level knowledge of PC and console acquisition.
- Prior experience within the video games industry and market.
- Proficient with basic Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop.
- Experience working in an Agile setting.
- Familiar with website CMS systems.
- Appreciation for the Monster Hunting genre.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.