COVID-19: This role is a full-time, permanent position in our San Mateo studio. Currently, our SF Bay Area team is working from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. We'll continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our team safe.
We are looking for a broadly experienced Content Designer to join our San Mateo studio and work on an original, new IP. We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games.</div>
People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work. You will work collaboratively with engineers, artists and designers to design and implement content for our new, original IP. You will create a wide variety of content ranging from player abilities, enemy behaviors, world encounters, sandbox content and more.</div>
- Create large portions of the game's content design, collaborating with the rest of the team to bring player abilities, enemy behaviors and sandbox content to life.
- Pitch, design, prototype, and implement content using a wide range of tools.
- Iterate on content by running playtests, evaluating feedback, reviewing data, and proposing and implementing updates.
- Regularly facilitate discussions and brainstorming sessions on content design.
- Remain current on game industry trends including new games and game genres, emerging game design methods and techniques.
- Extensive experience in professional game design.
- Strong sense of key components of a fun and compelling player experience for game content.
- Worked on at least one AAA online game and owned a significant portion of the content design.
- Passion for video games, with a relentless thirst for learning from playing them.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Proficiency at scripting in game engines.
- Experience working on a multi-platform game.
- Experience working on online games.
</section><div class="content-conclusion"><h3>Who we are:</h3>
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.