A successful HR Manager at Phoenix Labs understands team dynamics, the projects they support, and how they fit in with the broader business. This role will support building out and living into our vision to provide clear, knowable policies, procedures and methodologies to all employees in an easy to access, self service fashion. They are comfortable contributing to conversations outside of people and culture, and radiating our values in a way that makes the business more effective. They are naturally curious and strive to create a supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Develop, implement and educate people on companywide HR policies and procedures.
- Support the development and evolution of the onboarding process and experience for new team members.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of employee data, workflow configuration, data entry, reports, access & permissions, module implementation and updates in our HRIS (BambooHR), updating internal trackers, and partnering with our Ops/ Accounting team on changes.
- Ensure effective administration of the Company’s compensation, benefits and other incentive programs.
- Liaise with benefit providers, acting as a central point of contact to resolve issues, launch new policy information and related materials.
- Partner with the HR Business Partners (HRBP) to track and manage all leave of absence requests and medical accommodations.
- Support the annual compensation process by assisting with the completion of compensation surveys, creating reports and inputting data.
- Advise employees on policies and procedures, time off, and benefits programs, onboarding process flows, tracking and reporting on employment life cycle changes.
- Maintain and build out HR metrics through preparing, analyzing and organizing monthly HR KPIs.
- Develop programs and initiatives that include wellness workshops, making the most of your benefits, and employee engagement activities.
- Work on HR special projects and contribute generally as a member of the HR team.
- Exceptional relationship skills; people-first language and thinking is essential.
- Track record of building People solutions including onboarding, performance management, career progression and recognition.
- Positive attitude and mindset.
- Ability to form, lead and facilitate groups.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Consistent and documented track record for achieving monthly/quarterly/annual goals.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Experience in video games or a related field in tech or entertainment is a beneficial foundation for success in this role.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.