We are looking for a talented Audio Lead to join our San Mateo studio and work on an original new IP. We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games. People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
As the Audio Lead, you will become the keystone developer for the audio discipline in the San Mateo studio. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team to establish the vision for audio in a new game, and build the disciplinary support to realize it.
- Work with the product director to create and implement audio assets across all aspects of the project.
- Help craft a unique and iconic audio aesthetic.
- Own technical implementation for audio assets across all aspects of the project.
- Work closely with other disciplines to reinforce and enhance game mechanics, modular content and artistic direction.
- Audio troubleshooting, bug identification, and fixing.
- Create unique and expressive creature vocalizations.
- Build and manage a team.
- Minimum 10+ years of sound design experience in the game industry.
- Must have shipped at least two high quality PC or console titles.
- Expert with Audiokinetic Wwise.
- Proven ability to craft innovative and creative audio assets.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- High level of ownership and self-sufficiency with assigned tasks.
- Ability to operate effectively and positively in an open feedback environment.
- Up-to-date on industry trends, new technologies, and best practices.
- Experience with Unreal Blueprint.
- Mastery of traditional and esoteric audio processing techniques.
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.