Phoenix Labs are looking for a Lead Environment Artist to work on a new original IP. The successful candidate will have a deep love of creating the best environments and levels for our players, along with the ability to inspire their team to do the same.
This is a full-time, permanent position. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Join the level creation team in a lead capacity to shape the vision, build, and own the dynamic regions of our game.
- Work with game design to prototype and build gameplay-centric exploration levels.
- Work with the Art Director and art team to conceive, visualize, and execute on environments that fit within the game’s style.
- Build individual art assets, from foliage to structures, in the game’s art style based on concept art.
- Help to build, and subsequently lead, 4-6 direct reports from the Environment Art team.
- Minimum 5 years level art experience.
- Experience leading and managing an environment-focused art team.
- Proficient with modern level creation best practices.
- Experience creating stylized, non-photorealistic levels and 3D assets.
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop and Substance Designer.
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems and quickly learn new tools and workflows.
- Team oriented & collaborative approach to how you work.
- Familiarity with current open world games in the market.
- Experience creating environments in Unreal Engine 4.
- Passionate about Action RPG games.
- Experience developing live, in-release products.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.