Phoenix Labs is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to work on a new original IP. The successful candidate will have a deep love of creating the best environments and levels for our players, and experience in leading a team to do the same.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Join the level creation team in a lead capacity to shape the vision, build, and own the dynamic Floating Islands of Dauntless.
- Work with game design to prototype and build gameplay-centric arenas and levels.
- Work with the Art Director and Island team to conceive, visualize, and execute on environments that fit within the Dauntless style.
- Build individual art assets, from foliage to city clutter, in the Dauntless style.
- Manage 4 to 6 direct reports from the Environment Art team.
- Minimum 5 years level art experience.
- Strong knowledge of modern level creation best practices.
- Experience creating stylized, non-photorealistic levels and 3D assets.
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop and Substance Designer.
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems and quickly learn new tools and workflows.
- Must be a team player.
- Experience leading and managing an environment-focused art team.
- Working familiarity with current MMOs and Free to Play Games.
- Experience creating environments in Unreal Engine 4.
- Passionate about the Action RPG and/or Hunting genre games.
- Experience developing live, in-release products.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.