Phoenix Labs is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance professional to join the Dauntless team. A successful candidate would have extensive and recent experience testing video games on PC and consoles, and experience working as an embedded member of an agile team. This is not an entry level QA position - resumes without previous experience in QA in the games industry will not be considered.
A QA Analyst at Phoenix Labs is embedded with a feature team, owning the quality of new content and systems releasing from that team, and also works alongside the other members of the QA department to ensure releases to our players go smoothly (including following up on any live game issues).
This position requires exceptional communication skills, as it will involve regular contact with internal and external development teams, as well as sometimes with players directly. Strong organisational skills and self-motivation are also essential to ensure you are tracking and completing work efficiently as feature development progresses.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Logging, investigation, and follow-up of bugs and issues with in-development and live content and systems.
- Alongside the feature team, fully own the level of quality of an area of the game, through development and release.
- Help the team to triage the priority of bugs per release.
- Create and maintain test plans and other documentation for accurate and up-to-date testing and information distribution.
- Give feedback and otherwise contribute to discussions around upcoming features, based on your testing and experience.
- Work alongside and communicate regularly with QA colleagues (internally and externally) on other teams.
- Contribute to department-wide efforts to improve QA processes, including how automated testing can apply to your team’s features.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in QA in the video game industry.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- A demonstrable ability to enforce a quality bar when working as part of a team.
- Some experience playing Dauntless (or other similar action-combat titles).
- Familiarity with a broad selection of modern video games.
- Experience working with games-as-a-service.
- Experience working on a co-op multiplayer game.
- Experience working with PC, PS4, XB1, and Switch in the context of development.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience using JIRA and Perforce.
- Experience with player-facing communication in a professional context.
- Experience working with an external QA team.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.