Here at Phoenix Labs people are the ends, not the means. It’s the approach we feel makes us a destination for people who wish to collaborate on making games played all over the world.
You might know of us from Dauntless, where we helped pioneer crossplay, or from Fae Farm, our highly anticipated cozy magical farm sim. Our studio focus is on making enduring experiences that bring people together, driven by a belief that our colleagues achieve their best outcomes in a constructive, and empathetic environment.
Phoenix Labs is looking for QA Analysts to join the team on our live game, Dauntless or other unannounced IP under development in our Vancouver studio. Successful candidates will have comprehensive and recent experience testing video games on PC and consoles ideally as an embedded member of an agile team.
A QA Analyst at Phoenix Labs is embedded within the team, owning the quality of new content and system releases. They also work alongside the other members of the QA department to ensure that releases to our players go smoothly (including following up on any live game issues).
- Embed with cross-discipline teams on the game itself to develop test plans and ensure build stability and quality of the product as a whole.
- Collaborate closely with Production on the task / bug database creation and administration.
- Identify, document, and highlight risks and inefficiencies in QA practices, providing mitigation or contingency solutions where possible.
- Own bug reporting, escalation, and provide a crucial voice in triage initiatives.
- Work with product owners and other stakeholders to identify requirements, risks and testing strategies
- Drive communication to stakeholders effectively speaking to QA work, in progress tasks, and/or blockers
- Give feedback and otherwise contribute to discussions around upcoming features, based on your testing and experience
- Work alongside and manage day to day work of an external testing team
- Contribute to department-wide efforts to improve QA processes
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in QA in the video game industry
- Must have worked on a live service game
- Exceptional communication skills
- Innovate on best practices, and implement new ways of approaching and mitigating quality risks.
- Experience working as an embedded QA
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience using JIRA and Perforce
- Experience working with PC, PS4, XB1, and Switch in the context of development
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience working with an external QA team
- Familiarity with a broad selection of modern video games
Being part of a Phoenix Labs studio means joining a team of collaborative, supportive, inclusive professionals who strive to be at a company where they’re proud of what they do and how they do it. If this sounds like you - we’re always interested in talking.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have teams located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo.