Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented and versatile Gameplay Programmer to work on our newest AAA game. The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for gameplay and gameplay systems. They will work collaboratively with the design team in order to deliver the best gameplay experience possible.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes gameplay systems.
- Works closely with the design and gameplay team on characters, abilities, gadgets, weapons as well as various gameplay mechanics and systems.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the gameplay development schedule.
- Consult with other Programmers and Designers on the team to change, adapt or refactorsystems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 5+ years of gameplay programming experience.
- Highly proficient in C++ (familiarity with UE4 is a plus).
- At least one shipped title.
- Experience with multiplayer games is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers.
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Strong passion for gameplay systems.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.