Phoenix Labs MTL is looking to hire an experienced Service Developer. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills, be able to work side by side with programmers, designers and production staff, and be passionate about owning a reliable high-traffic web application and game code to support a player experience on PC, console, and mobile. The Service Developer will be responsible for the design and implementation of robust, secure, and scalable web services, as well as client side integration of these services into player-facing applications.
- Work with project leads in cross-discipline teams, to design, implement, and support reliable, secure, and scalable backend web services.
- Design, implement, and support the integration of third party online services into client and server applications.
- Create and maintain online services such as telemetry pipelines.
- Make architectural recommendations for performance, stability, and security.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor application performance and detect defects in the live product.
- Assist with planning, estimation, and distribution of work.
- Help integrate the service into client-facing applications.
- Help Production develop schedules and determine milestones.
- Experience developing in Python; or other similar server-side languages.
- Experience building and consuming Web services (REST).
- Experience with multiple types of data persistence (relational, key-value, caching).
- Experience deploying and supporting applications on cloud platforms (Google, AWS).
- Minimum 5+ years experience building online services.
- Experience developing in C++ (Unreal Engine) a plus.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Experience architecting scalable solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth load.
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code.
- Experience planning for secure online deployments and operations.
- Experience with analytics, data-driven product evolution and machine learning.
- Experience with container-based or serverless deployment (Docker/Kubernetes, Lambda/Cloud Functions).
- Experience with multiple web technology stacks and SaaS models.
- Interest in developing in Rust.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.