Phoenix Labs MTL is looking to hire an experienced Big Data Developer. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills, be able to work side by side with programmers, data analyst and service developers, and be passionate about owning a reliable high-volume data pipeline and related analysis system.
- Work with project leads in cross-discipline teams, to architect, design, implement, and support reliable, secure, and scalable data pipelines.
- Make architectural recommendations for performance, stability, and security.
- Ensure systems are in place to monitor application performance and detect defects in the live product.
- Assist with planning, estimation, and distribution of work.
- Experience developing in Python; or other similar server-side languages.
- Experience building large scale data pipelines (streaming and batch).
- Experience building with data handling frameworks (Beam, Spark, Hadoop, Airflow).
- Experience with data warehouses and data lakes.
- Experience deploying and supporting systems on cloud platforms (Google, AWS).
- Minimum 5+ years experience building online services, with 3+ building data pipeline.
- Experience architecting scalable solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and related tools (Terraform).
- Experience with the software-as-a-service product model.
- Experience planning for secure online deployments and operations.
- Experience with analytics and data-driven product evolution.
- Experience with container-based or serverless deployment (Docker/Kubernetes Lambda/Cloud Functions).
- Interest in developing in Rust.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.