Phoenix Labs is looking for a broadly experienced Engineer to join Phoenix labs and work on an original new IP. We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games. We really value people and the impact they have. We look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
As a senior software engineer, you will work collaboratively with the Product Director, design team and fellow engineers to architect and implement efficient, maintainable game systems. Our team puts creating great player experiences first and foremost, and you will be a critical part of making that possible. An ideal candidate will bring a strong optimization toolkit, comfort working in large codebases, and a track record of pushing the state of the art.
The successful candidate must have proficient C++ skills and enthusiasm for problem solving in an R&D environment. They should have knowledge of multiple areas of engineering, such as: rendering, systems, audio, gameplay, animation. This engineer should be passionate about building tools in collaboration with creative stakeholders.
- Design, prototype, implement, and polish game systems and tools using C++ & UE4 Blueprint.
- Identify and anticipate problems across multiple game areas, propose and execute solutions.
- Works closely with the design and engineering teams to ensure features deliver on their creative vision.
- Analyze and mitigate risk in the development schedule.
- Consult with other engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 7+ years of software experience in the games industry
- Comfortable working in an challenging R&D environment and driving own direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Highly proficient in C++
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Driven and self-motivated
- Strong debugging and optimization skills
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers
- Familiarity with UE4 and blueprint.
- Experience servicing a live product.
- Proficiency with ECS architecture.
- Proficiency with C++ templates.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.