Phoenix Labs is looking for a broadly experienced Engineer with expertise in procedural generation to join Phoenix labs and work on an original new IP. We strive to work in nimble, empowered teams that are aligned around bringing players together through deep multiplayer games. We really value people and the impact they have. We look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
As a senior software engineer, you will work collaboratively with the Product Director, design team and fellow engineers to architect and implement efficient, maintainable game systems. Our team puts creating great player experiences first and foremost, and you will be a critical part of making that possible. An ideal candidate will bring a strong optimization toolkit, comfort working in large codebases, and a track record of pushing the state of the art.
The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for problem solving in an R&D environment. They should have knowledge of multiple areas of engineering, such as: rendering, systems, audio, gameplay, animation. This engineer should be passionate about building tools in collaboration with creative stakeholders.
- Design, prototype, implement, and polish game systems and tools using C++ & UE4 Blueprint.
- Identify and anticipate problems across multiple game areas, propose and execute solutions.
- Works closely with the design and engineering teams to ensure features deliver on their creative vision.
- Analyze and mitigate risk in the development schedule.
- Consult with other engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 7+ years of software experience in the games industry
- Comfortable working in an challenging R&D environment and driving own direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Highly proficient in C++
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Driven and self-motivated
- Strong debugging and optimization skills
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with designers and content developers
- Familiarity with UE4 and blueprint.
- Experience servicing a live product
- Proficiency in Python.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.