Phoenix Labs is looking for a talented Build Engineer. The successful candidate must have experience with at least one continuous integration system (Jenkins, Teamcity, Bamboo, Circle, etc) and strong python skills. We expect you to work collaboratively with the development team in order to deliver the best developer experience possible. You are excited by challenging problems and are motivated to see projects to completion.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Design, prototype, implement, and polish internal systems and workflow tools using C++, C#, and/or Python.
- Champion automation to solve build and testing problems.
- Identify and anticipate problems across a variety of tools, areas, and systems, propose and execute solutions.
- Respond to issues as they arise.
- Analyze and mitigate risk in the development schedule.
- Consult with other engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with the rest of the Build/Tools team to ensure system stability.
- 3+ years of software experience in the games industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Highly proficient in Python.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Strong debugging, optimization, and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills in a cross development team environment.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
- Familiarity with UE4 and blueprint.
- Familiarity with Jenkins.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like chef or ansible a plus.
- Experience with virtual machine and container provisioning tools a plus.
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Proficiency in C# or C++.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.