Phoenix Labs is looking for a Lead UI Software Engineer to work on our flagship title, Dauntless, focusing on UI/UX implementation. The successful candidate must have strong C++ skills and have a passion for problem solving. You will work collaboratively with the art team in order to deliver the best UI experience possible.
Phoenix Labs is located in Vancouver, BC. Applicants must live within commuting distance to the studio. Due to the information security concerns, complexity of the daily work, and other factors, this job is unsuitable for remote employees. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Designs, prototypes, implements and polishes UI features.
- Partner with UX Designers and UI Artists to ensure features deliver on their creative vision.
- Leads and mentors a team of UI developers.
- Analyzes and mitigates risk in the UI development schedule.
- Consult with other Engineers on the team to change, adapt or refactor systems as required.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the stability of game systems.
- 8+ years of UI experience in the games industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Strong coding skills in C++ to extend the engine where necessary.
- Experience scripting in Unreal (preferably Blueprints).
- Experience working on a networked game (Client/Server model).
- Experience debugging and optimizing in a multi-threaded environment.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable working closely with content developers.
- Experience supporting a live service with frequent refreshes of content and code.
- Experience architecting scalable solutions to support high-traffic and high-bandwidth loads.
- Experience with SCRUM / agile based methodologies.
- Experience planning for secure online deployments and operations.
- Experience with modern web analytics and data-driven product evolution.
- Experience deploying and supporting applications on cloud platforms (Google, AWS).
- Experience servicing a live product is a plus.
- Familiar with and excited by the co-op action RPG genre.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.