Phoenix Labs is looking for a Visual Effects Artist to work on one of our new IP’s. The successful candidate will have a deep love of creating the best stylized VFX for players.
Applicants must live within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Work with the Art Director and Visual Effects Artist to conceive, visualize, and execute on visual effects that fit within the style of the game.
- 3-5 years experience working on VFX for games.
- Experience creating VFX in Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience creating stylized, non-photorealistic assets.
- Experience with both creating and implementing effects in context.
- Must be a team player.
- An understanding of UE4’s Blueprint system.
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop and Substance Designer.
- Experience in 2D animation & a strong understanding of animation principles.
- Experience developing live, in-release products.
- Is passionate about the Action RPG and/or Hunting genre games.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.