Phoenix Labs is looking for a Visual Effects Artist to work on one of our new IP's. The successful candidate will have a deep love of creating the best stylized VFX for players.
This is a full-time permanent position. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Work with the Art Director and Visual Effects Artist to conceive, visualize, and execute on visual effects that fit within the style of the game.
- 3-5 years experience working on VFX for games.
- Experience creating VFX in Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience creating stylized, non-photorealistic assets.
- Experience with both creating and implementing effects in context.
- Must be a team player.
- An understanding of UE4’s Blueprint system.
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop and Substance Designer.
- Experience in 2D animation & a strong understanding of animation principles.
- Experience developing live, in-release products.
- Is passionate about the Action RPG and/or Hunting genre games.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.