Phoenix Labs is looking to hire a Senior Technical Artist to assist our technical art team with building tools and content for the art team. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be comfortable working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and production staff. They will be excited by empowering their team members to make world class content.
- Works closely with World Artists, Animators, Character Artists, and Designers to provide functional in-game assets.
- Provide support to Art Teams creating assets and developing pipelines.
- Effectively learn, improve, and maintain proprietary tools and pipelines.
- Modify new and existing assets for optimization while maintaining art fidelity.
- Provide and receive feedback to/from Character Creation, Animation, and Outsource teams.
- 10+ years experience in video game development, preferably in the technical aspects of Environment Art and associated tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dynamic problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter who works well within a creative team.
- Takes and provides constructive feedback.
- Experience with procedural world creation systems.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Some experience with C++.
- Experience with in-engine scripting.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.