Phoenix Labs is looking for an exceptional Senior / Lead Concept Artist to join our new R&D team forming in Los Angeles!
This broadly experienced artist will work with the Art Director, Product Director, and the rest of the dev team to help develop the look and feel of an all-new original-IP project. They’ll be called upon to help the team explore a variety of possible art solutions for the different aspects of the game, from characters to the world itself.
- Work with the Art Director to develop the art style of an original game IP, through visual exploration and look development.
- Create compelling high level concept art to make tangible the visions for the game, as well as detailed production design breakouts for 3D artists to build the assets.
- Help by brainstorming and creating mood boards to communicate ideas and goals.
- Support internal and external production artists by providing feedback and paintovers to help achieve the game’s artistic vision.
- Work collaboratively with level designers and 3D artists to balance creative vision with production needs and technical considerations.
- 10+ years experience in game art development.
- Ability to create high quality concept art and illustrations.
- High proficiency in art fundamentals and design principles, as well as in digital art.
- Ability to create concepts that are thematically aligned with gameplay experiences and goals.
- Experience giving direction and art feedback to other artists on craft.
- Strong communicator.
- Experience working in stylized art styles.
- Experience with UE4.
- Experience working with outsourcing teams.
- Experience in video game development pipelines.
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.