Phoenix Labs is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join one of our new game initiatives in our Vancouver studio.
This person will work directly on a new IP and will shape and communicate the user experience. They will use their deep, rich understanding of games to inform their decisions while educating and elevating the team’s solutions. The position requires infinite creativity, passion, and a relentless attention to detail.
Phoenix Labs is a dynamic and iterative environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to continuously improve and do hard things. People are our most important asset, and we look for each new person to add to our mosaic culture. Our goal is to be a place where a diverse group of driven, collaborative, and empathetic developers can do their best work.
Applicants must live or be willing to relocate to within commuting distance to the Vancouver studio. This is a full-time, permanent position. This job is unsuitable for remote employees.
- Design, document, and develop AAA quality UX for game systems in UE4.
- Communicate cross-team to help define and achieve system goals.
- Develop functional wireframes and user flows.
- Rapidly build and iterate on prototypes and test assets.
- Work closely with UX research to ensure the designs target key KPIs.
- Additionally to follow and be accountable for those designs to ensure that the data seen in the live environment informs future iteration.
- Collaborate with UI artists and engineers to implement designs in UE4.
- Remain current on game industry trends including new games and game genres, emerging game design methods and techniques.
- Wealth of experience making clean and intuitive experiences in games.
- Strong knowledge of interactive visual design principles.
- Ability and willingness to tackle technical problems and quickly learn new tools and workflows.
- Clear communicator with a level head and drive to improve.
- Must be a team player and excited to collaborate with other artists, designers, and engineers.
- Understanding of general animation principles.
- Strong skills in Figma.
- Passion for video games, with a relentless thirst for learning from playing them.
- Must be humble, hungry, and excited to help those around them do their best work.
- Experience with implementation in Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience working on a live product.
- Experience working on multiple platforms (console, PC, mobile).
Who we are:
Phoenix Labs is a multinational video game company with connection at its core. Dauntless, our flagship title, was the first-ever game to launch with full cross-play and cross-progression, and we’re already working on several new projects and ways to bring people together.
In our studios, the story is the same. Our teamwork, transparency, and optimism keep us focused on doing what matters, and we work hard to live up to our central promise that people are the ends, not the means.