Phoenix Labs is looking for an exceptional Concept Artist to join a new game team forming in Vancouver!
This broadly skilled artist will work with the Art Director, Product Director, and the rest of the dev team to help develop the look and feel of an all-new original-IP project. They’ll be called upon to help the team explore a variety of possible art solutions for the different aspects of the game, from characters and creatures to the world itself.
This is a full-time permanent position. We will continue to follow local government guidelines to keep our people safe throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Work with the Art Director to develop the art style of an original game IP, through visual exploration and look development.
- Collaborate with modelers, animators and technical artists to design a roster of highly emotive creatures that are appealing, unique and contemporary.
- Create high level, blue-sky concept art of gameplay scenes and settings. Participate in brainstorming sessions and create mood boards to communicate ideas and goals.
- Support internal and external production artists by providing feedback and paintovers to help achieve the game’s artistic vision.
- Work collaboratively with designers and 3D artists to balance creative vision with production needs and technical considerations.
- 5+ years experience in concept art.
- Experience in, and a portfolio highlighting, appealing and whimsical character and creature design.
- Ability to create concept art that’s thematically aligned with gameplay experiences and goals.
- Strong collaborator and communicator.
- Illustration skills.
- Experience working in non-photorealistic, “mass-appeal” art styles.
- Games industry experience.
Who we are:
At Phoenix Labs, we make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives.
Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a singular mission: Do the best work of our careers creating timeless games, powered by trust, courage, and an unwavering regard for players and each other.
Phoenix Labs have studios located in Vancouver, Montreal, Los Angeles, and San Mateo. We are backed by Garena, our long-time partner in Southeast Asia.